For my friends.

The reason for this blog is twofold. Firstly, to share my wonderful experiences with you at your leisure and to keep me feeling in touch with you during my long absence from home. If any of you find a way to type an Aussie accent, I would be really appreciative! Don't forget to check out "older posts" at the bottom.

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy it from time to time.

Carmel

Monday, April 26, 2010

My furry friends.

                     
I must admit it helps the homesickness to have to have some furry friends to spoil.  However, they don't wake me in the morning with a wet nose on my face or by fleaing my arms and snuffling loudly at the same time.  Chequers (Cheqie) is the black and white one and she is very friendly and mellow.  As you can see, she is a Tai Chi practitioner as well.  I'm doing the white stork cools wings move and she's doing the feline brush knee.  The grey and white one is Boots.  Now she is my challenge in life!  She is terrified of everything and everyone and spends a lot of time under Sue's bed and, when she comes out, the slightest noise or movement sends her scurrying back.  Well I've started to make inroads.  You know the old saying the best way to a cat's heart is through its stomach .....  Whenever I get a chance I sneak her some special food and, low and behold, she will actually walk past me or allow me to walk past her without disappearing under Sue's bed.  I wonder where all this will end?

1 comment:

lookatusnow said...

Hi Carmel, How lucky to be able see spring emerge so beautifully. We have just had ANZAC day - did you miss it? and next week we have Labour Day so two short weeks in a row - we are not complaining too much. Ada and Jenelle are a little less traumatised and seem to be settling in a bit more. Ada is a ball of fire, Jenelle a little more apprehensive but all is looking good. We have booked to fly into Rome 13 November so you we have exciting plans too - but you are the one to be envied right now - lots of love, Paula