For my friends.

The reason for this blog is twofold. Firstly, to share my wonderful experiences with you at your leisure and to keep me feeling in touch with you during my long absence from home. If any of you find a way to type an Aussie accent, I would be really appreciative! Don't forget to check out "older posts" at the bottom.

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy it from time to time.

Carmel

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Halloween.

I happened to be at Sue's forHallowe'en and I had hoped to carve a pumpkin (no matter how badly) but I just ran out of time.  Nevertheless, I wanted to participate so I was the one who answered the knocks on the door and distributed the candy (lollies and chocolates).  American children are just like Australian children; full of anticipation of eating sweet things.  I hadn't realised it was just a time to dress up as anything.  I was surprised when children showed up as Ninja turtles and princesses.  I had expected to see all witches and cats and ghosts.  And adults have Halloween parties.  Just an excuse for a party.  Why not?

Later, Sue took me around the neighbourhood to see some of the decorations.  As not the photographer of the year, I didn't disappoint but it was fun.








No comments: