For my friends.

The reason for this blog is twofold. Firstly, to share my wonderful experiences with you at your leisure and to keep me feeling in touch with you during my long absence from home. If any of you find a way to type an Aussie accent, I would be really appreciative! Don't forget to check out "older posts" at the bottom.

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy it from time to time.

Carmel

Sunday, September 26, 2010

18 million people!

Hi Everyone

No wonder Istanbul is so large - some estimates put the population at about 18 000 000.  I may have travelled to a couple of different parts but I have no idea of where I was taken.  One tour we did was on the Bosphorus which took us between the Asian and European sides of the city.  We saw battlements from various occupations, beautiful mosques, the amazing Dolmabache Palace, a lighthouse that has now been converted into a restuarant and wonderful houses on the water......  and many other things besides.






Istanbul is huge.  It just goes on forever.  There's so much more to explore.

Carmel


No comments: