For my friends.

The reason for this blog is twofold. Firstly, to share my wonderful experiences with you at your leisure and to keep me feeling in touch with you during my long absence from home. If any of you find a way to type an Aussie accent, I would be really appreciative! Don't forget to check out "older posts" at the bottom.

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy it from time to time.

Carmel

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

More from the gallery.

Hi Everyone.  This is one of my favourite pieces for the gallery.  It's modern native American pottery and is simply stunning.  The pattern on it is a bear's claw and that's significant in their beliefs.  I just love the way it's done.  If you click on it and enlarge it, you might be able to see how parts of it are cut out and parts are indented.  The step pattern on the top is the shape of the buildings used for spiritual ceremonies.  I hope you find it just as wonderful to look at as I do.  I look at it every day and marvel at it.  Just about to book my Canadian Rockies train trip for early June!  Whoo hoo!

It;s Sue's birthday today but she doesn't want it advertised so I won't say anything about it.  Lotsaluv   Carmel

No comments: