For my friends.

The reason for this blog is twofold. Firstly, to share my wonderful experiences with you at your leisure and to keep me feeling in touch with you during my long absence from home. If any of you find a way to type an Aussie accent, I would be really appreciative! Don't forget to check out "older posts" at the bottom.

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy it from time to time.

Carmel

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Cats in Turkey.

One of the first things I noticed when I started exploring Istanbul was the cats.  Cats everywhere and with no obvious home.  After a few days, I noticed people in parks emptying whole bags of dry cat food in different parts of parks.  Then I learned that some businesses adopt cats and feed them and allow them to come into the shops and so you find homeless cats enjoying the air conditioning on hot days.  Then it occured to me that very few of the cats looked thin and scrawny whereas the few dogs I saw wandering around didn't look very healthy.

I'm not sure why this is so but homeless cats seem to be tolerated and even cared for around Turkey.  And you find them in the most amazing places ............

Kebab please.

What does he want me to do?



Siesta time.

Do I look regal in these ruins?

No I don't eat mints!

I'm waiting nicely.
Mum & kittens in the shade.
Who needs a scarf?
Next: Beautiful Antalya

No comments: