For my friends.

The reason for this blog is twofold. Firstly, to share my wonderful experiences with you at your leisure and to keep me feeling in touch with you during my long absence from home. If any of you find a way to type an Aussie accent, I would be really appreciative! Don't forget to check out "older posts" at the bottom.

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy it from time to time.

Carmel

Saturday, January 22, 2011

A little piece of peace.

Although I am a city girl born and bred and I love all that beautiful Brisbane has to offer, I have found a little piece of peace and I love visiting it.  There are some places that are very special.  When you are there, life as you know it stops and is replaced by peace and beauty and wonder.  Such a place is Lynchs Creek in the Northern Rivers District just south of the Queensland border.

My brother is the proud owner of a beautiful part of Lynchs Creek with views across the valley and towards the Border ranges.  It is green and gentle and very spiritual.  Spiritual in the sense of Uluru or Fraser Island.

There are infinite different moods but all of them beautiful.  It is sometimes bright and hot and sunny.  At other times, it is clear and crisp.







It can be cloudy and mysterious or raining and grey.






And, as Kev discovered last summer, it can be fiery and threatening.


If you want to work hard and get plenty of farm life action, just say the word and Kev will give you plenty to satisfy your need.  Lots of big boys' toys.











If you want to enjoy a quiet break from the constant noise of work and the city, this is the perfect place.










 If you want to take in the sights, smells and sounds of nature, no place better.  If you love Australian wildlife, there is every chance you will see plenty.

And if you want a perfect setting to lose yourself in a set of Tai Chi, there are few places more peaceful and scenic.



There are magnificent National Parks close by and abundant inspiring views in the area.  You can experience rural communities without having to travel long distances.  And no visit is complete without a celebration of all this at sundowners.

And let's not forget the creek.  And rumour has it, platypus like Lynchs Creek too.

A little piece of peace.





BUT
just to fulfill the fears of my friends in the northern hemisphere who are more frightened of snakes than grizzly bears and moose ....


this little fellow just wanted to get into the bathroom.  Personal hygiene is important.  Isn't it?
http://www.snakecatcher.com/greentreesnake.htm

No comments: